"Send A Message" uses Full Legal Name instead of Preferred Name in"From" field

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
adoga

"Send A Message" uses Full Legal Name instead of Preferred Name in"From" field

Post by adoga »

I don't know if this is a "Feature" or a "Bug". However, when I use the Send A Message option to send an email using lds.org to leadership or members in the ward, it uses my Full legal name and not the "preferred" name I have in the MLS and online.

Can someone tell me if this will or can be changed? Thanks.

-Neil
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

adoga wrote:I don't know if this is a "Feature" or a "Bug". However, when I use the Send A Message option to send an email using lds.org to leadership or members in the ward, it uses my Full legal name and not the "preferred" name I have in the MLS and online.

Can someone tell me if this will or can be changed? Thanks.

This issue has been discussed at some length in the thread Full name on email to ward. I think you'll find the answers you need there.

[Moderator note: I moved this thread from the Directory forum to the more appropriate Leader and Clerk Resources forum.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
adoga

Post by adoga »

aebrown wrote:This issue has been discussed at some length in the thread Full name on email to ward. I think you'll find the answers you need there.

[Moderator note: I moved this thread from the Directory forum to the more appropriate Leader and Clerk Resources forum.]

Thank you, I didn't find it in a search but apparently it was because I was searching the incorrect forum.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”