No access to Clerk Resouces

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lhauptly
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 pm

No access to Clerk Resouces

Postby lhauptly » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I've been an Assitant clerk for some time, and just recently was called as the Ward Clerk. I've updated MLS with the current changes (I'm in the Ward Clerk spot), but I do not have any "extra" access on lds.org. I can't upload or approve pictures to directory, I don't have access to leadership and clerk resources, and I cant add events to the ward calendar...basically I can do nothing. What can I do to gain access so I can keep our wards info updated on lds.org?

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:15 pm

It usually takes about a day to get the rights. Since your calling came up to CDOL (the source of callings at CHQ) today, you should have access tomorrow.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby johnshaw » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 pm

If that doesn't happen, something got messed up.. remove yourself from the Ward Clerk position, do a Send/Receive a couple of times, then put yourself back in, Send/Receive a couple of times.... check the online access again.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20771
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 pm

JohnShaw wrote:If that doesn't happen, something got messed up.. remove yourself from the Ward Clerk position, do a Send/Receive a couple of times, then put yourself back in, Send/Receive a couple of times.... check the online access again.


But you have to allow time for things to sync. CDOL gets it very quickly, but other sites tend to need an overnight process to sync up new roles. JonesRK would know the exact timing.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lhauptly
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Postby lhauptly » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:47 pm

I'll try cycling through (removing myself, then adding me back). It's been over a week since I changed MLS the first time so it should have synced by now. We'll see if this helps. Thanks.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:47 pm

RussellHltn wrote:But you have to allow time for things to sync. CDOL gets it very quickly, but other sites tend to need an overnight process to sync up new roles. JonesRK would know the exact timing.

See Callings Timing of callings sent to CDOL/Church_Headquarters for the details, but some sites access the callings in CDOL via services (like lds.org/directory for the list) and show them as soon as they are in CDOL. Others like the authorization used by many of the lds.org tools (including rights within directory), use the nightly pull and then may have their own processes that run after that completes.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

lhauptly wrote:I'll try cycling through (removing myself, then adding me back). It's been over a week since I changed MLS the first time so it should have synced by now. We'll see if this helps. Thanks.

I would wait until tomorrow, since it was just created in CDOL today. I don't know why it didn't come up any sooner, but if you don't have access in the morning, then it might be worth trying cycling it.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20771
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:06 pm

JonesRK wrote:I would wait until tomorrow, since it was just created in CDOL today. I don't know why it didn't come up any sooner, but if you don't have access in the morning, then it might be worth trying cycling it.


I'd follow JonesRK's advice. As a church employee/CDOL developer, he can see things we can't. If you try to cycle things now, you'll likely lose rights until it syncs back up again.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby johnshaw » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm

We may have the classic, I added myself in but didn't hit Send/Receive --> While I find the pop-up message reminder to Send/Receive a bit of a nuisance, it does help us remember to keep things updated. Increasingly more access is controled through positions in MLS, and keeping the data updated with CHQ is important for people starting in their calling with the new energy and excitement that usually accompanies those calls.


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest