"Send a Message" -- Message footer garbled

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kinsersh

Post by kinsersh »

I just encountered the same problem today. Looks to me like the messages have been externalized for translation, but aren't being replaced dynamically with the correct text per the locale.

LDSTech, has this defect been recognized and accepted as something that needs to be resolved? If not, is there a more preferred way you'd like issues like this reported?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kinsersh wrote:LDSTech, has this defect been recognized and accepted as something that needs to be resolved? If not, is there a more preferred way you'd like issues like this reported?

It has already been reported to the product manager for lds.org, so you don't have to worry about reporting it any other way.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sbstout

Post by sbstout »

Just tested on Firefox and Chrome and it appears to be resolved.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbstout wrote:Just tested on Firefox and Chrome and it appears to be resolved.
Yes, I did get a message today (responding to my earlier report) confirming that the bug was fixed earlier this week.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
fdmabe

Post by fdmabe »

My bishop is having the same problem; we had a bishopric change a month ago. However, the old bishop did not have this problem. I am the ward clerk and I can send emails from LDS.org “Send a Message” with no problems. It seems to be member profile specific. However, in addition to the garbled trailer, part of the header is garbled also. It seems like some of the automatic fields are messed up. See below:
From: ???leader-messages.user.bishop??? John Doe<John_Doe@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Subject: Test
To:John_Doe@gmail.com

Test

???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.received???
???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.from???
???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.calling???

???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.unsubscribe1???
???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.unsubscribeURL???
???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.unsubscribe2??? ???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.unsubscribe3??? ???leader-messages.email.footer.disclaimer.unsubscribe4???
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

fdmabe wrote:My bishop is having the same problem; we had a bishopric change a month ago. However, the old bishop did not have this problem. I am the ward clerk and I can send emails from LDS.org “Send a Message” with no problems. It seems to be member profile specific. However, in addition to the garbled trailer, part of the header is garbled also. It seems like some of the automatic fields are messed up.

The example you show is from the 9th of January. The issue was fixed on the 10th, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. If you are still seeing this problem in emails sent after the 10th, please let me know.
marmat

Post by marmat »

It has been working OK for me since about the 10th, just FYI

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”