New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Date for HT/VT on LCR

Post by russellhltn »

At this point I wouldn't assume that there is any more functionality then simply moving the existing functions on-line. Since Quorum members and district supervisors have no access to LCR, I don't see as they would have any ability. So for now, plan on print and handout.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

calebemiller wrote:Even if HTers can't self report, can they at least view their assignment in real time?
Based on the sneak-peek I see in the Android LDS Tools Beta, yes.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

mfmohlma wrote:
calebemiller wrote:Even if HTers can't self report, can they at least view their assignment in real time?
Based on the sneak-peek I see in the Android LDS Tools Beta, yes.
Where did you see this on the Android beta? I am using the iOS beta and can't find anything pertaining to HT/VT.....
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

calebemiller wrote:Will there be a built-in approval function for changes for the Bishop?

Even if HTers can't self report, can they at least view their assignment in real time?

When changes are made to a HT assignment will the distribution process continue to be print/hand-out or will there be any new distribution features?

Will access to LCR HT functionality be all or nothing? ie..Can HT district supervisors be given rights over specific Companionships in their district but not other districts?
No on all of the above.

Our instructions have been very specific: move the existing MLS functionality to LCR and resist the urge to add new features or expand functionality at this time. In some cases, there have been changes that were needed to make things work efficiently in a web application, but all of the above would be "new" features.

I don't know what the plans are for future addition of new features -- that lies outside of my area of responsibility.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

zaneclark wrote: Where did you see this on the Android beta? I am using the iOS beta and can't find anything pertaining to HT/VT.....
It showed up in my "lists". The beta has been pulled, though, due to some sync issues.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mfmohlma wrote:
zaneclark wrote: Where did you see this on the Android beta? I am using the iOS beta and can't find anything pertaining to HT/VT.....
It showed up in my "lists". The beta has been pulled, though, due to some sync issues.
I think that is because you are a ward clerk. I don't think it will show up for everyone.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

scgallafent wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I've seen messages that suggest that HT/VT will be removed from MLS in the next year.
Home teaching data will not be synchronized between LCR and MLS. When a unit moves to LCR for managing home teaching, MLS switches to a read-only mode (to allow access to historical data, if needed) and all updates must be done in LCR after the change.
What happens when a leader doesn't have access to a computer or doesn't know how to use a computer or in the case of my ward, our HP's are in custom callings instead of standard ones. People from Hawaii all the way to Salt Lake have tried, but failed, to fix our issue. The fact still remains though, that people use custom callings all the time and a leader may not have access because of that.

Of course, none of that matters if we can enter in data for other leaders if we have to. I say so, because right now, I help the HP enter in their HT data in MLS, but if we aren't able to do so for others, then it might create more problems than benefits. I'm almost certain we're going online for this, as RS and EQ are pretty tech savvy, it's just the HP and Bishopric that need help from time to time.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jonesrk wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:
I think that is because you are a ward clerk. I don't think it will show up for everyone.
Maybe, but it was only _my_ home teaching families. It is a beta after all. ;)
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jokamura wrote:What happens when a leader doesn't have access to a computer
They can access LCR using the computer in the clerk's office. They will just be using LCR instead of MLS.
jokamura wrote:doesn't know how to use a computer
If they don't know how to use a computer, does it make a difference whether MLS or LCR is being used? The only issue this creates is the one you brought up later in your message where someone enters the data in MLS for them. I would think this could be resolved (even in a high priest group) by calling a secretary with the necessary skills.
jokamura wrote:our HP's are in custom callings instead of standard ones. People from Hawaii all the way to Salt Lake have tried, but failed, to fix our issue. The fact still remains though, that people use custom callings all the time and a leader may not have access because of that.
Custom callings will not have access. I haven't heard anything about an issue with units that have members assigned to custom callings and can't get them moved into a standard position.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

scgallafent wrote:
jokamura wrote:What happens when a leader doesn't have access to a computer
They can access LCR using the computer in the clerk's office. They will just be using LCR instead of MLS.
We'll make it work, no worries. But for the sake of explanation, I'll mention that our Stake/Ward recently restricted access to MLS to the quorum/auxiliary secretaries only (in addition to the standard bishopric people of course) This was because MLS kept getting screwed up somehow.
scgallafent wrote:
jokamura wrote:doesn't know how to use a computer
If they don't know how to use a computer, does it make a difference whether MLS or LCR is being used? The only issue this creates is the one you brought up later in your message where someone enters the data in MLS for them. I would think this could be resolved (even in a high priest group) by calling a secretary with the necessary skills.
We're going to be having a bunch of organizational changes, so hopefully this is the case.
scgallafent wrote:
jokamura wrote:our HP's are in custom callings instead of standard ones. People from Hawaii all the way to Salt Lake have tried, but failed, to fix our issue. The fact still remains though, that people use custom callings all the time and a leader may not have access because of that.
Custom callings will not have access. I haven't heard anything about an issue with units that have members assigned to custom callings and can't get them moved into a standard position.
[/quote]

Please see this thread here: http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 659baabf4e

I'll also double check that the Ward Clerk actually called.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”