Photos still not public in directory after several months

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kohdu

Photos still not public in directory after several months

Post by kohdu »

I uploaded my photo and then helped my parents upload their photos to the ward directories months ago yet they still aren't coming up. I don't see my parent's photos when I'm in my account and they can't see mine when I'm in their account.

I asked one of the ward clerks what the problem would be and he went into his account and could see all our photos. Then I double checked right there in front of him and the problem still existed in our accounts. We checked to make sure all were public and they were. He had no idea what the problem could be so we pulled in a bishopric member. His account showed our photos as well but he too was baffled by why ours didn't show it; so he suggested I submit this situation to the forum to see if anyone has any solution or explanation as to what the problem might be.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The photos have to be approved. Too bad the bishopric members didn't notice that because they could have fixed it right then.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kohdu

How do they do it?

Post by kohdu »

How do they approve them? Because obviously none of them had a clue they needed to do it. They all beleive that it is some administrator up the chain somewhere that does it, and since it was on their display they figured they were approved. I originally thought from what I had read that approval was on the ward level but none of them seem to know anything about it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Instructions can be found in the Wiki under Managing the directory. For a list of administrators, you can look at Directory roles and responsibilities.

From what you describe, it sounds like everyone thought someone else was supposed to be doing that, but it's not getting done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”