How Long Before Updates To MLS Are Reflected On LDS.org?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wcdalton

Post by wcdalton »

Thanks, I noticed that under the LDS.org leadership directory, there are two entries for the first counselor, second counselor, myself (ward clerk) and the executive secretary under the branch presidency...very strange considering we're a ward. Also I verified under the custom position review in MLS that there is not a single custom position. Since our ward is all of 3 weeks old I know I have selected only default positions as indicated by MLS. Anything that can be done to remedy the data issue would be greatly appreciated. If I should send an internal message through MLS as well let me know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wcdalton wrote:branch presidency...very strange considering we're a ward.

Was this unit a branch? At any rate, I'd suggest calling local unit support and getting that fixed. That could be the underlying problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wcdalton wrote:I noticed that under the LDS.org leadership directory, there are two entries for the first counselor, second counselor, myself (ward clerk) and the executive secretary under the branch presidency...very strange considering we're a ward. Also I verified under the custom position review in MLS that there is not a single custom position. Since our ward is all of 3 weeks old I know I have selected only default positions as indicated by MLS. Anything that can be done to remedy the data issue would be greatly appreciated. If I should send an internal message through MLS as well let me know.

Since you are a very new unit, you also may have a situation where inputs are going in from both the old and new unit, especially if the old unit has not updated their leadership information.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Some additional info that may be helpful: Our ward split a month ago with me in the new ward. Since I work on Directory, I was interested to see when things would update. I don't know exactly which day the clerk entered the new info, but the new Bishopric showed up in CDOL on the Wed. after the split, under the heading of Branch Presidency, as custom callings. It was listed incorrectly like that for about a week, and then they showed up correctly under Bishopric.

I assumed the clerk had entered them incorrectly the first time, and then corrected his mistake a week later when they entered the rest of the callings. Now that I see this thread, I wonder if the system (MLS) was responsible for the error, and then corrected itself. May have something to do with the way a new ward gets processed.
techmom2

Post by techmom2 »

Has there been any new information on this? We have a similar problem. Our ward clerk has updated callings in MLS, but the online directory does not reflect the changes. For example, there are two Primary First Counselors listed in the leadership directory, even though in MLS the previous counselor has been released. Some Primary workers are listed multiple times in the directory, and some aren't listed at all, even though in MLS they are there.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

techmom2 wrote:Our ward clerk has updated callings in MLS, but the online directory does not reflect the changes. For example, there are two Primary First Counselors listed in the leadership directory, even though in MLS the previous counselor has been released. Some Primary workers are listed multiple times in the directory, and some aren't listed at all, even though in MLS they are there.

You may have wanted to create a new thread on this, since your problem doesn't involve the bishopric. Your ward clerk should be able to fix your problems by following these instructions on the wiki.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techmom2 wrote:Our ward clerk has updated callings in MLS, but the online directory does not reflect the changes.

Just to be clear, you've posted in a section dedicated to the NEW directory (found under lds.org > Tools). The old "Classic" directory has to be updated by hand by a web site admin. The callings DO NOT sync from MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wcdalton

Post by wcdalton »

I contacted local unit support through MLS. They informed me that a "refresh request" should remedy the situation. Here's hoping.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”