Particular Member unable to log in to lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
barwillhansen

Particular Member unable to log in to lds.org

Post by barwillhansen »

i had a particular ward member approach me sunday with a problem. He set up an lds.org account with his confirmation date and membership #. He was then able to log in with a rather large and complex password that was assigned him. He was immediately prompted to change his password. After several attempts to use one of his normal passwords, he finally made a new one to meet PW guidelines.

Later he went back and tried to log in and was denied. I am unsure how to help him with his concern. I assume he needs a PW reset. Please help.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If he goes to ldsaccount.lds.org, and follows the prompts, he can reset the password.

Note, that in the past, I've found that it can take several minutes for the new password to replicate to the needed areas to work. So he might just try his last password again before changing it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”