Non-member wife's name is correct in MLS, but not on LUWS

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
geek

Non-member wife's name is correct in MLS, but not on LUWS

Post by geek »

Member X's wife is not a member. She does *not* have a non-member record defined.

The only place the wife's name exists in MLS is on the member's record as his spouse.

On LUWS, she has a different name. The member is not able to change the LUWS record and neither are any clerks.

Q1: If she's not a member, how is her name even appearing in the LUWS record?
Q2: If her name must remain, how can we modify the name in LUWS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing that you're actually talking about the "new directory" not the classic LUWS.

What name(s) are coming out differently? I haven't looked to see how the new directory deals with different last names in a family.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There have been reports in other threads (here and here) that non-member spouses are appearing on the new directory even though the unit for the member spouse has not entered the non-member spouse into MLS with a temporary record. The response is that the marriage records at CHQare being used to provide the non-member information. In this case the non-member spouse may have a different name on record at CHQ for the marriage.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:In this case the non-member spouse may have a different name on record at CHQ for the marriage.

It would sure seem strange for that name to be different then it appears in the "married to" for the spouse.

The only way I can see this being cleared up is with a phone call to CHQ. You can try "Special Request", but I'm not sure as you'd be able to get though to them the situation in a single email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geek

Post by geek »

It's the middle name that doesn't match.

We do have cases where a nonmember wife is listed in the new difectory but a nonmember husband. What's up with that?
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

geek wrote:It's the middle name that doesn't match.

Unless it's a truncation issue due to reaching a field limit somewhere, I have no idea where that could be coming from. I'd call Local Unit Support.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”