Adding non-members to households on lds.org directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

greggo wrote:I have moved to a new ward since the introduction of the new lds.org tools, and I no longer have privileges with MLS to confirm. However, when I asked LUS about those with non-member records not showing up in LUWS, I was told that no. 3 was the case. I was told that the online ward directory was of members only for use by members only.

The one thing I am absolutely certain of is that #3 is false. We have multiple nonmembers throughout our stake appearing in the directory on lds.org. So unfortunately LUS gave you incorrect information on that particular question. Although it's true that nonmembers currently have no way to login and see their ward directory (nonmembers can create an LDS Account, so they can login to lds.org, but their LDS Account cannot be connected to a ward, so they can't see the ward directory), it is most definitely true that nonmembers can and often do appear on the ward directory.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

greggo wrote:However, when I asked LUS about those with non-member records not showing up in LUWS, I was told that no. 3 was the case. I was told that the online ward directory was of members only for use by members only.
The question you posed to LUS was about the classic LUWS directory and you recieved the correct response for that directory.

For the classic LUWS directory #3 is correct. It is not correct for the new directory.

There are indications that #2 is correct. It is creating a problem for situations where a member spouse does not want their non-member spouse to appear on the directory.

Whether #1 is correct or not is still undetermined.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”