Directory prints shows Full Name of MLS, but web-directory shows Preferred name

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
WBBradshaw

Directory prints shows Full Name of MLS, but web-directory shows Preferred name

Post by WBBradshaw »

The PDF file for directory print shows full names as recorded in MLS, but the web-directory shows preferred names. The PDF print for the directory should show the same data as the web-directory, and that should be preferred names, in my opinion.

Is anyone fixing this? Will we see it fixed soon? Is there a better way to report/request a need to fix this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WBBradshaw wrote:The PDF file for directory print shows full names as recorded in MLS, but the web-directory shows preferred names. The PDF print for the directory should show the same data as the web-directory, and that should be preferred names, in my opinion.

Is anyone fixing this? Will we see it fixed soon? Is there a better way to report/request a need to fix this problem?
I certainly agree that preferred names should be shown everywhere on the directory on lds.org.

I don't know if or when this will be fixed; occasionally connected to the development team stops by the forum and might see this post, but you can't depend on that. The official way to report problems is by using the Feedback link at the bottom of the home page of lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
reedcom

Post by reedcom »

Came to this forum to report this bug. Apparently it's been here awhile?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

reedcom wrote:Came to this forum to report this bug. Apparently it's been here awhile?
Yes, this problem was first noted over two months ago. Several people have reported it using the Feedback link, but it probably would help for anyone who is concerned about it to report it as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”