Website Administrator Unable to Upload Photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
quadereynolds

Website Administrator Unable to Upload Photos

Post by quadereynolds »

As of yesterday, I was given the official calling in MLS of Website Administrator. I have verified that the calling was successfully updated as it shows up in the Directory under Ward Leaders and Organizations.

However, when I log in and try to upload photos, the links I am excpecting to see in the left navigation bar (i.e. Upload Photos) are not there. What are we missing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

quadereynolds wrote:As of yesterday, I was given the official calling in MLS of Website Administrator. I have verified that the calling was successfully updated as it shows up in the Directory under Ward Leaders and Organizations.

However, when I log in and try to upload photos, the links I am excpecting to see in the left navigation bar (i.e. Upload Photos) are not there. What are we missing?
Calling information propagates from MLS to CDOL very quickly (less than an hour) and that is why you can see your calling in the Directory. But it takes a bit longer to propagate to the authentication systems for various sites. So I'd wait another day or so before I'd be too nervous about not being able to login.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
quadereynolds

Post by quadereynolds »

Will do. Thank you very much.
daveguertin

Can Not Update Photos Catergories Other Than Household

Post by daveguertin »

I have been given calling of Web Adminster and assigned to place a photograph of every member in the appropriate Photo Placeholder. I can do it only for Household. I can not do it for other categories such as Relief Society, Ward Leadership, etc.

I need authority to update everyone's photo, not just mine. Again, I can update everyone in Household, but nowhere else.

Please advice me on what I can do to resolve this. Perhaps the Web Framework needs to a software fix to make this function available.

Thank You, David Guertin Ward 2, Rochester, MN
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

daveguertin wrote:I have been given calling of Web Adminster and assigned to place a photograph of every member in the appropriate Photo Placeholder. I can do it only for Household. I can not do it for other categories such as Relief Society, Ward Leadership, etc.

I need authority to update everyone's photo, not just mine. Again, I can update everyone in Household, but nowhere else.

All the ward leadership lists on the Directory show individual photos, not household photos. But if you have rights to change household photos, you also should have rights to change individual photos. I've never heard of anyone being able to change household but not individual photos.

Once you have uploaded and assigned the photos to individuals, they will show up in the Ward Leadership and Stake Leadership sections of the Directory for all members who appear in those leadership positions. You don't update those leadership sections directly -- you just make sure the individual photos are correct and the leadership sections will update automatically.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”