can lds.org avoid showing member address?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jaylanjones

can lds.org avoid showing member address?

Post by jaylanjones »

I have a member in my ward who, due to his employment, would like the online ward directory to hide his address. However, he would still like the directory to show family member names as well as the phone number and email address to ward members.

As the ward clerk I have access to hide his phone number and email address or to hide his information completely. We currently have all of his family information hidden, but is it possible to only hide the address? Is it something the member can to on his own account but I can't?

Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The classic LUWS does have this ability, but like you I don't see any options to hide only the address. The only thing I can think of is to take the address out of MLS completely.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jaylanjones wrote:As the ward clerk I have access to hide his phone number and email address or to hide his information completely. We currently have all of his family information hidden, but is it possible to only hide the address? Is it something the member can to on his own account but I can't?

One option you might consider is to put the address in the mailing address fields of MLS, while blanking out the residential address. I know that it's the residential address, not the mailing address, that is displayed in the online directory. I suppose there's a chance that the directory will display the mailing address if there is no residential address, but I would guess that this would actually work. Then the address is at least still in MLS for the leaders to reference, and mailing labels will print properly.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”