Beta directory activities committee

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:In addition to Alan's questions, are you using the Stake Assistant Clerk calling or are you using the specific ones, Stake Assistant Clerk--Membership and Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance. I know they hard coded the list of positions that they show in the directory for now. They may not have put the generic one in the list.
I can't answer for Techgy, but in our stake, we have three assistant stake clerks, and all three show up on the directory:
  • Stake Assistant Clerk
  • Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance
  • Stake Assistant Clerk--Membership
So there's no problem with the regular Stake Assistant Clerk position. The only problem for us is the Stake Assistant Clerk--Technology Spc calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:In addition to Alan's questions, are you using the Stake Assistant Clerk calling or are you using the specific ones, Stake Assistant Clerk--Membership and Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance. I know they hard coded the list of positions that they show in the directory for now. They may not have put the generic one in the list.
I going to have to make a run to the stake and check. Perhaps tomorrow.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:It appears that there is a problem with the STS position. No one has yet mentioned that they see the STS in the Stake Leadership of the beta.lds.org directory.

But I'm curious about your other assistant stake clerks. You said they don't appear in the beta directory, but you never mentioned whether they appeared in the CDOL. Do they? If so, then in the CDOL do they appear in black text with the standard calling name, or in orange text with some other calling name?.
There's only one other Asst. Stake Clerk and he's not appearing in the CDOL, so I suspect he's never been assigned in the MLS in a standard calling. I'm going to have to make a trip to the stake and do some checking.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
zaneclark

Posiitons not appearing

Post by zaneclark »

After reading the posts regarding the missing positions at the stake level, I checked our ward leadership and found many positions missing, seemingly very arbitrary. For example there is only one counselor listed for the RS and none for the SS where there are only 2 teachers listed out of a dozen or so. I am again hoping that all this is due to the beta nature of the application and that all will be well when it is fully introduced.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you have access to the CDOL, I'd check to see how they show up in there. Are they in "normal print" or "orange print"?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:After reading the posts regarding the missing positions at the stake level, I checked our ward leadership and found many positions missing, seemingly very arbitrary. For example there is only one counselor listed for the RS and none for the SS where there are only 2 teachers listed out of a dozen or so. I am again hoping that all this is due to the beta nature of the application and that all will be well when it is fully introduced.
As RussellHltn said, the first step is to look in CDOL. There are several possibilities:
  • These callings are in CDOL as standard callings (black print). If this is the case, then there is a problem with the beta directory and its connection to CDOL. I think this is unlikely, but if it happens, use the Feedback on beta.lds.org to report this.
  • These callings are in CDOL as custom callings (orange print). If this is the case, you need to go to MLS and fix the callings to be standard callings.
  • These callings are not in CDOL. You need to call Local Unit Support and request that they set a flag for MLS to send its calling information to CDOL.
That last scenario happened in one of the wards of our stake. Hardly any of their callings were in CDOL, even though they were definitely entered correctly in MLS. Local Unit Support set the flag, we did a Send/Receive, and in about an hour we saw that CDOL had been updated, and the next time we looked in the beta directory, it was correct as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:If you have access to the CDOL, I'd check to see how they show up in there. Are they in "normal print" or "orange print"?
I am the stake and ward web administrator and ward membership clerk, but evidently none of these qualify me for CDOL. I will check with our ward clerk on Sunday.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”