Beta directory activities committee

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Beta directory activities committee

Postby aebrown » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 pm

The Stake Leadership area of the beta directory (https://beta.lds.org/directory) has an section for various organizations (stake presidency, high council, stake RS presidency, etc.).

These organizations seem pretty straightforward and mostly populate as I would expect. But for our stake, the Activities Committee area is blank. I don't recall offhand precisely which standard callings we have have entered in MLS in the activities area, but I know we have entered some. Does anyone know which standard callings are supposed to appear under Activities Committee in the Stake Leadership area?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Postby mfmohlma » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 pm

I see a "Stake Activities Committee Chairman" listed in ours with the name of someone who hasn't had the calling for at least two years now... Nobody else is listed.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20767
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:But for our stake, the Activities Committee area is blank.


Ditto.

I did notice that it seems like the directory only had the "high level" of each organization. For example, my calling of STS isn't listed anywhere. Fewer calls to me asking for things. :D

Edit: Nor do I see Activity Committee in the CDOL, so I can't compare.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Although I would agree that at this time the Asst. Stake Clerk positions are not being shown in the new Beta Directory, it's important to remember that the positions of members with a Stake or Ward calling should always be entered using the official terms as available in drop-down list in the MLS software.

Custom Callings - are local to the unit only and not uploaded. If a calling is issued to someone as the "Membership Clerk" it will not be shown in the CDOL and in addition as the position isn't recognized "officially" the member with the calling won't have the access level he normally would have. The "Membership Clerk" official calling would instead be "Asst. Clerk - Membership".

This applies to all callings in the ward, but becomes important when it refers to leadership positions.

We have just undertaken an effort in our stake to request the ward clerks to review the custom callings in their wards and make any necessary changes to insure that members are being officially recognized.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Techgy wrote:Although I would agree that at this time the Asst. Stake Clerk positions are not being shown in the new Beta Directory, it's important to remember that the positions of members with a Stake or Ward calling should always be entered using the official terms as available in drop-down list in the MLS software.


All of our assistant stake clerk positions are showing up in CDOL, and all of them are showing up in the Beta directory -- with the exception of the STS. But I wondered in our stake if that is just because I have two assistant stake clerk positions, and it only shows one per person. From what you're saying, perhaps the STS doesn't show up at all in the beta directory. But we have a regular assistant stake clerk, an assistant clerk for membership, and an assistant clerk for finance, and all three show up in the beta directory.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Techgy wrote:Custom Callings - are local to the unit only and not uploaded. If a calling is issued to someone as the "Membership Clerk" it will not be shown in the CDOL and in addition as the position isn't recognized "officially" the member with the calling won't have the access level he normally would have. The "Membership Clerk" official calling would instead be "Asst. Clerk - Membership".


Custom Callings now show up in CDOL (as of 2.4.1), but as you say they can't be used anywhere else to grant rights, so where there is one the Standard Calling is the right one to use
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:All of our assistant stake clerk positions are showing up in CDOL, and all of them are showing up in the Beta directory -- with the exception of the STS. But I wondered in our stake if that is just because I have two assistant stake clerk positions, and it only shows one per person. From what you're saying, perhaps the STS doesn't show up at all in the beta directory. But we have a regular assistant stake clerk, an assistant clerk for membership, and an assistant clerk for finance, and all three show up in the beta directory.


The beta directory currently uses a shorter list of callings that it shows for now. They have worked with CDOL services to get the complete list of standard callings. I don't know when that change is expected to make it to the beta site.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Sat May 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:All of our assistant stake clerk positions are showing up in CDOL, and all of them are showing up in the Beta directory -- with the exception of the STS. But I wondered in our stake if that is just because I have two assistant stake clerk positions, and it only shows one per person. From what you're saying, perhaps the STS doesn't show up at all in the beta directory. But we have a regular assistant stake clerk, an assistant clerk for membership, and an assistant clerk for finance, and all three show up in the beta directory.


I am the STS for our stake and the calling has been entered using the official terms and not a custom calling. However, although I DO appear in the CDOL AND I have the rights afforded me in other areas, I do not appear in the new Beta.lds.org directory under the stake positions. In fact, none of the Asst. Clerks for the stake are appearing. The beta directory only gives the stake presidency, exec secretary and stake clerk.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sat May 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Techgy wrote:I am the STS for our stake and the calling has been entered using the official terms and not a custom calling. However, although I DO appear in the CDOL AND I have the rights afforded me in other areas, I do not appear in the new Beta.lds.org directory under the stake positions. In fact, none of the Asst. Clerks for the stake are appearing. The beta directory only gives the stake presidency, exec secretary and stake clerk.


It appears that there is a problem with the STS position. No one has yet mentioned that they see the STS in the Stake Leadership of the beta.lds.org directory.

But I'm curious about your other assistant stake clerks. You said they don't appear in the beta directory, but you never mentioned whether they appeared in the CDOL. Do they? If so, then in the CDOL do they appear in black text with the standard calling name, or in orange text with some other calling name?

If those other assistant stake clerks are not in CDOL, or if they are listed with orange text (indicative of a custom calling), then I'm not surprised that they don't show up in beta.lds.org's Stake Leadership directory. In our stake, the assistant stake clerks show up in CDOL with standard callings (black text), and they also appear in beta.lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Sat May 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Techgy wrote:I am the STS for our stake and the calling has been entered using the official terms and not a custom calling. However, although I DO appear in the CDOL AND I have the rights afforded me in other areas, I do not appear in the new Beta.lds.org directory under the stake positions. In fact, none of the Asst. Clerks for the stake are appearing. The beta directory only gives the stake presidency, exec secretary and stake clerk.


In addition to Alan's questions, are you using the Stake Assistant Clerk calling or are you using the specific ones, Stake Assistant Clerk--Membership and Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance. I know they hard coded the list of positions that they show in the directory for now. They may not have put the generic one in the list.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Directory”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest