Beta Directory Observations

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:I guess the correction hasn't reached Las Vegas yet.... I still get server errors....
The beta site is up now but I was hoping while they were doing maintenance or whatever they were doing, they would fix the bug that doesn't keep the email and address changes and additions on the beta site. I have sent another note to the feedback and will let you know if/when they respond...
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:The beta site is up now but I was hoping while they were doing maintenance or whatever they were doing, they would fix the bug that doesn't keep the email and address changes and additions on the beta site. I have sent another note to the feedback and will let you know if/when they respond...

It has been 2 weeks since I sent my query to the "feedback" for the beta directory and although they have answered some questions in the past, I haven't heard from them this time, so does anyone here have any inside information on the public launch of the the new LUWS? I am hoping that the reason they haven't answered is because they are busy working on the program!:D
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zaneclark wrote:It has been 2 weeks since I sent my query to the "feedback" for the beta directory and although they have answered some questions in the past, I haven't heard from them this time, so does anyone here have any inside information on the public launch of the the new LUWS? I am hoping that the reason they haven't answered is because they are busy working on the program!:D
Was your query through the feedback about the full release of the beta directory or was it about the entire new LUWS? The full release of the entire new LUWS is unknown. But we do know that the full release of the calendar is set for 1 January 2011. I suspect that the full release of the directory will accompany it. There are other modules for the complete LUWS that need to be worked on also. I don't know if they would need to go through beta like the directory and calendar since they are not as complex. We will only know as we progress further through this year.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jdlessley wrote:Was your query through the feedback about the full release of the beta directory or was it about the entire new LUWS? The full release of the entire new LUWS is unknown. But we do know that the full release of the calendar is set for 1 January 2011. I suspect that the full release of the directory will accompany it. There are other modules for the complete LUWS that need to be worked on also. I don't know if they would need to go through beta like the directory and calendar since they are not as complex. We will only know as we progress further through this year.
My main query was why the ability to update profiles was no longer working as it was when I first logged on to the beta directory. Since it is a beta, I'm sure there are lots of things like this to work through, but thought they should know about this.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:My main query was why the ability to update profiles was no longer working as it was when I first logged on to the beta directory. Since it is a beta, I'm sure there are lots of things like this to work through, but thought they should know about this.
They answered my Query! I only wish they wouldn't call my queries "complaints." i know this is still in beta and I am grateful for all the work they do to make it a successful program. Here is their answer:

You submitted a complaint on March 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM:

"Thanks for reporting this - We'll get testers on it asap."
zaneclark

Opening screen of directory

Post by zaneclark »

When the new directory was first introduced, when you logged on, the first screen was your local ward and stake. Now it opens only to the Area and it is necessary to open the pull down menu and then open the stake to get to your ward. Does this bother anyone else? I have sent an inquiry to feedback but thought I would toss it into this forum as well.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:When the new directory was first introduced, when you logged on, the first screen was your local ward and stake. Now it opens only to the Area and it is necessary to open the pull down menu and then open the stake to get to your ward. Does this bother anyone else? I have sent an inquiry to feedback but thought I would toss it into this forum as well.
I noticed the same thing. I would agree that it would be better to have the default set to my home ward. Few, if any, members would have use of an area directory and having this set as the default could lead to confusion for some.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:When the new directory was first introduced, when you logged on, the first screen was your local ward and stake. Now it opens only to the Area and it is necessary to open the pull down menu and then open the stake to get to your ward. Does this bother anyone else? I have sent an inquiry to feedback but thought I would toss it into this forum as well.
It looks like it is a bug: https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/LUD-829. It doesn't look like the area should be there at all. The Jira entry says they fixed the bug yesterday but of course we won't see the fix until they do another release.
danielhmarshall

Question on New Directory Error Message

Post by danielhmarshall »

Greetings All,
I would just like to say what an amazing job on the new website. I was hoping to update the various photo's from our ward and I keep getting the error message of #2032 and won't let me update any photos from our ward. I am the ward administrator and would like to begin this process. Any advice?

v/r

Dan Marshall
coolhandace-p40

Post by coolhandace-p40 »

I am having the same problem uploading photos. I tried my other computer and it gives me a different error number. Both computers are windows 7 64bit.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”