Beta Directory Issues

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

thesterlands wrote:I just visited new.lds.org and since I last used it (when it was beta.lds.org) there is only a few members across the Stake listed. I can only see 2 members in my Ward and one is my family (complete with pictures) This has dramatically changed since last time.

Does anyone know why this is the case?
With the EU privacy laws, the default for those countries is for members information to be private unless marked as public by the member. So until the rest of your ward gets on and allows themselves to be seen your list will be quite short.
2mycloud

Post by 2mycloud »

That make sense for the membership directory (although this must have recently been applied as I could see the whole stake a few weeks ago)

If the EU privacy laws is a consideration how come I can see the member contact details on the new LDS Maps tool at https://new.lds.org/maps for the Stake.

Another example is that I can not see contact details for Ward Leaders and organisations but I can see contact details for Stake Leaders and organisations, e.g Stake High Council , Stake Relief Society Presidency etc.

Is this due to my access rights?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

thesterlands wrote:That make sense for the membership directory (although this must have recently been applied as I could see the whole stake a few weeks ago)

If the EU privacy laws is a consideration how come I can see the member contact details on the new LDS Maps tool at https://new.lds.org/maps for the Stake.
That is a different team. I'm guessing that they haven't gotten that requirement or coded it.
thesterlands wrote: Another example is that I can not see contact details for Ward Leaders and organisations but I can see contact details for Stake Leaders and organisations, e.g Stake High Council , Stake Relief Society Presidency etc.

Is this due to my access rights?
It might be due to access rights or deciding that some leadership positions are allowed.

I'm not an expert on the EU privacy laws, I just heard some of the directory team talking about the changes they had made for the EU.
zaneclark

Beta Directory Offline Today?

Post by zaneclark »

Is the new/beta directory offline? Just want to make sure the problem isn't on my end....
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

zaneclark wrote:Is the new/beta directory offline? Just want to make sure the problem isn't on my end....
I can get in to new.lds.org/directory just fine.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”