Lock Household Visibility?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
chriswoodut

Lock Household Visibility?

Post by chriswoodut »

It was clear how to set the visibility for a household on the old directory. On the new directory, I can't find any way to change it. If it is already set, I can see that it is locked (as I'm a clerk). But, if I want to lock a household's visibility... there is no option I can see on the screen.

Any way I can do this quickly? I don't see any way in LCR either.
chriswoodut

Re: Lock Household Visibility?

Post by chriswoodut »

chriswoodut wrote:It was clear how to set the visibility for a household on the old directory. On the new directory, I can't find any way to change it. If it is already set, I can see that it is locked (as I'm a clerk). But, if I want to lock a household's visibility... there is no option I can see on the screen.

Any way I can do this quickly? I don't see any way in LCR either.
Another thread indicated the privacy setting can be done via LDS tools. It is missing on the directory. Grr. At least LDS tools bailed me out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You should be able to do it for your own household, so the function is there. But for some reason it's not available to callings like it used to be. It might be part of a bigger plan to put all clerk tools in LCR instead of having "clerk mode" in different apps.
  • Click on your household in the directory pull up your household.
  • In the lower right of the directory frame, a blue circle with a pencil icon will appear. Click it.
  • At the top of the directory frame, click on "privacy".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

russellhltn wrote:You should be able to do it for your own household, so the function is there. But for some reason it's not available to callings like it used to be. It might be part of a bigger plan to put all clerk tools in LCR instead of having "clerk mode" in different apps.
  • Click on your household in the directory pull up your household.
  • In the lower right of the directory frame, a blue circle with a pencil icon will appear. Click it.
  • At the top of the directory frame, click on "privacy".
That is what I discovered, but my main issue was trying to edit it for another ward member in my role as a clerk. I should have been clearer. I moved a record into our ward with the understanding I would set the privacy to private. So, I was disappointed to find I now had the record but couldn't restrict it! I'm surprised they'd roll out the directory without putting that functionality in LCR first.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”