No More Beta

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: No More Beta

Post by rmrichesjr »

heathpehrson wrote:The household sidebar will not scroll, so I can't browse through all my ward/stake members. Is this a bug, or do we need a certain plug-in for this?
Clearing your browser cache and deleting relevant ("*lds*" and "*church*") cookies would likely be worth trying. Those actions might not solve that problem, but then again they might.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

The new directory is now up and most functions seem to be working except privacy editing . I am membership clerk and often have requests to change the privacy settings for members, but I can't see a way to do this in the new directory. Am I missing something?
mevans

Post by mevans »

scgallafent wrote:There are some issues related to the domain change that are being worked out. While those are being resolved, the old directory has been reenabled.
It looks like the problems have been worked out and the new directory/maps has returned. I see the church page header appears for me now (which it didn't before).

I did see the "sorry we're having trouble..." message pop in from the right when I first went to the directory today. It hasn't happened again yet, so maybe that was a one-time fluke. I tried two different browsers and that was the only time I saw it, so that's a good sign.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zaneclark wrote:The new directory is now up and most functions seem to be working except privacy editing . I am membership clerk and often have requests to change the privacy settings for members, but I can't see a way to do this in the new directory. Am I missing something?
I just checked and I, as a ward clerk, cannot edit any privacy settings except for myself. I guess if members have problems or want the settings changed, they will have to do it themselves.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:I just checked and I, as a ward clerk, cannot edit any privacy settings except for myself. I guess if members have problems or want the settings changed, they will have to do it themselves.
As somebody pointed out in another thread, leaders still can edit privacy settings in LDS Tools.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:As somebody pointed out in another thread, leaders still can edit privacy settings in LDS Tools.
However, it seems odd there's no way to do this on lds.org/churchofjesuschrist.org. I can only speculate that the plan is to move/add that feature to LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”