Policy on Use of LDS Tools for Non Church Related Reasons

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
thackerrp2

Policy on Use of LDS Tools for Non Church Related Reasons

Post by thackerrp2 »

Hello,
My personal email was recently used by a member of our Stake for a petition against our school district. When I asked her how she obtained my information her response was as follows: "Paula
Your name and email address are listed on the LDS tools app."

I am pretty sure this is against the terms of agreement and would like to send the official wording to her. However I am unable to find that wording. Can someone help with a link the the most recent policy?

Thanks
Paula
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Policy on Use of LDS Tools for Non Church Related Reasons

Post by aebrown »

thackerrp2 wrote:I am pretty sure this is against the terms of agreement and would like to send the official wording to her. However I am unable to find that wording. Can someone help with a link the the most recent policy?
See Household Visibility and Privacy Agreement, which is linked to from the Help button on the Directory on LDS.org. It's also linked to from the LDS Tools app -- go to the Help feature from the menu, then choose Frequently Asked Questions, then the Privacy and Visibility link.

The relevant excerpt is this:
Your personal information and the personal information included in ward and stake applications are only to be used for approved Church purposes. Local Church leaders will help ensure that such data is not used for personal, political, or commercial purposes. If you become aware that your personal information has been misused in any way, please inform your local Church leaders immediately.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”