Fix LDS Tool listing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
showseason

Fix LDS Tool listing

Post by showseason »

(All made-up names) The sister below, Christine, is listed as head of household. She is the daughter of Sister Porter but lives in a different house. However it still shows her under her mother’s name, Porter in LDS Tools. I’ve looked all through the membership records can find no link that would justify this.
Any ideas to fix?
Ven.jpg
Ven.jpg (21.97 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Fix LDS Tool listing

Post by russellhltn »

The clerk needs to go into the "Household" record for this member. I'll bet the "Household" name is wrong. This is a common issue.

More detail: There's 3 different places that names are recorded in the membership record:
Full name (legal name), Preferred name and Maiden name. In addition to that, in the Household section, there's a place for the name of the "Household" - even if it's a household of one. It's this last one that tends to trip people up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Specifically, find the profile for the member in LCR (using Membership > Member List from the menu or some other way), click on the Household tab and then click on the Edit Household Name towards the bottom of the screen.
showseason

Post by showseason »

Thanks for the advice. It was as simple as clicking on Household scroll down and click on Edit Household Name.

I don't know how many times you folks here have saved my bacon. :D

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”