Emailing Members With Active Recommends

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Hilohi

Emailing Members With Active Recommends

Post by Hilohi »

Is there a way to send a message/email only to members with active temple recommends?

I'm responsible for notifying our ward members of our temple events (i.e. stake temple night, ward temple night, ward temple sealing assignments, etc.). I previously had a calling where I was able to see each member's temple recommend status. During that time, I made an email list of members with active recommends so that I could message just those members with active temple recommends. I've since been released from that calling and can no longer see each member's temple recommend status. I asked our bishop if I could have a list of members with active temple recommends, but he told me that he could not give me that list due to privacy reasons (which I totally understand). My current calling allows me to see which brothers have been endowed, but I'm not able to see if their temple recommend is active. I'm also not able to see if a sister is endowed. Additionally, I live in a very transient ward so (1) we get a lot of move-ins of whom I can't tell what their temple recommend status is (or in the cases of the sisters, I can't even tell if they're endowed) and (2) I have to constantly update my aforementioned email list of members with active recommends (which going back to point (1), I'm essentially doing blindly).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Emailing Members With Active Recommends

Post by jdlessley »

As you mentioned there are a limited number callings with access to the list of members with active recommends. There is no way that I know of to be able to send a message to those with active recommends if you do not have access to the list.

It sounds like you have been given an assignment that is impossible to complete unless you are given a calling with access to the list of those with active temple recommends. You may want to contact the person who gave you the assignment you mentioned to see if there is some clarification about the assignment in light of the lack of access to the list.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Emailing Members With Active Recommends

Post by lajackson »

Hilohi wrote:I asked our bishop if I could have a list of members with active temple recommends, but he told me that he could not give me that list due to privacy reasons (which I totally understand).
There is not a way to email active temple recommend holders through LCR. It sounds to me as if you need to work out a way to get the names of those members, though, if you are to have a viable list. If the bishop does not want to print out the list, perhaps a sit down with the ward clerk from time to time would work. Otherwise, it seems as if you and the bishop need to discuss how he thinks you will be able to fulfill the assignment.

Another possibility is that you email all of the adults. That gets the information to the recommend holders, but also reminds those without recommends that there is a worthy objective for them to work toward.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”