Comment line as third line of Address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
fjseminario

Comment line as third line of Address

Post by fjseminario »

In our ward every three month we go an visit households to verify that they actually live at that address, is there a way that we can have a third line as a Comment line that would be listed on reports as the third line., that only leaders can see, then we can record the findings of those visits?, We could write that this address has been VERIFIED, MOVED OUT ADDRESS UNKNOWN, INVALID ADDRESS, DO NOT VISIT etc... or any other comment
Thanks
Fernando Seminario
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Comment line as third line of Address

Post by russellhltn »

The best way to submit suggestions is via the Feedback link. If there isn't one in the directory, then you can use the one on the lds.org main page.

For various reasons, including legal, I highly doubt that a free-form "comments" field will be created. However, status checkboxes and a date field for recording the status of the address seems much more likely to get approved. That would be a good idea to submit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

If you're trying to verify addresses, you can use the Ward Map feature and mark the member's location as verified. That feature was in "classic" maps and I believe it disappeared in new maps, but I noticed recently that the feature is there. I don't know when it was added. I also do not see a way to report on this information, other than scrolling through the list of unit members on the map.
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

mevans: I am aware of that feature and I currently use it, What I need is a report of said status, and if included as part of the address it would be easy to export as a file and being able to sort them out. But what russellhitn suggested is ok, I will submit it through lds.org
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

russellhitn: a status of the findings would work, but I would need it to be able to be exported out and then be able to sort it based on Status etc>.., but I will take it to lds.org and submit it there, consider this thread closed
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

FJSeminario wrote:I would need it to be able to be exported out
From what we've seen, exports have been removed as things are updated. I do not expect the trend to change.

I think asking for custom reporting features that support the address status is more likely to get approved. Request that the system generate the reports you want.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

You can still export reports depending on your calling, I have already requested it at lds.org, thanks Consider this thread completed and closed

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”