Wrong Household Name in Profile page of Ward Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
beStapley

Wrong Household Name in Profile page of Ward Directory

Post by beStapley »

I am clerk for YSA Ward. We have a member that has his name listed correctly in the Ward Directory, but, when you select his name to get his profile, it come up with another name but correct profile information. How do I put correct name in the profile page?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wrong Household Name in Profile page of Ward Directory

Post by russellhltn »

There are three places where names are recorded: Full name, Preferred name, and Household. The last one is the one that usually trips people up. In your case, the household may be correct, but one of the others is wrong.

Please note, per policy, the full name should match the member's legal name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
2slisonbee

Post by 2slisonbee »

It appears there is a database on LDS.org that propagates member data in LDS Tools. It appears this same database is used for printing a hard copy member directory in LDS.org and the downloadable database. The database can be downloaded (but not edited) from the Directory section in LDS.org under My Ward, Directory, Export Households.
If member 1 was placed in member 2's household with different name (member 2), then later member 1 either changed into their own household or the household member 2 moved out, member 1 will still have member 2's household name. This is listed in column one (Family Name, aka Household Name) of the exported household database mentioned above.

For some reason, when a person is moved out of a household, into their own household, this database does not update the Family Name column to match the new household name.

In all three; LDS tools, the exported database, and the printed paper member directory, the wrong household will be listed. However, when looking up the member everywhere else it will show the correct household name.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

2slisonbee wrote:For some reason, when a person is moved out of a household, into their own household, this database does not update the Family Name column to match the new household name.
I'm not sure it's never updated automatically, but, yes, there are times when it doesn't get updated. The clerk can edit the household name by finding the profile of one of the household members in LCR, clicking on the Household tab and then clicking the Edit Household Name button toward the bottom of the screen.
2slisonbee

Post by 2slisonbee »

Thank you for the response. This is exactly what I was looking for. Corrections made. Done.

"The clerk can edit the household name by finding the profile of one of the household members in LCR, clicking on the Household tab and then clicking the Edit Household Name button toward the bottom of the screen."

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”