New Stake?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

New Stake?

Post by zaneclark »

How long does it generally take for a new stake to appear in the directory and LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Stake?

Post by russellhltn »

I imagine in part it depends on how quickly the GA turns in the paperwork from their trip. <grin>

I'd expect at least the better part of a week.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Once the presiding general authority turns in the paperwork (hopefully Monday or Tuesday), the new stake usually shows up in CDOL within a day. The rest of LDS.org takes a few days. Within about two weeks, things have usually pretty much settled down and you are functional.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I suspect that as with a new ward, a new stake would very quickly be sent a box of start-up supplies, and the FM would provide a new stake computer. I'm not sure how long it takes for all that to arrive.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The last time we did it, the startup supplies from the Church were sent to the old stake president as soon as the change was approved and before it actually took place. So those supplies were available to the new stake the day of the division.

On the other hand, the FM Group never got word that the change was going to happen until one of the stakes told them. We put the new stake on one of the ward computers in the meetinghouse where the stake would be located until a new computer became available from the FM Group. Among other callings, I was the STS in both the old and new stakes, and have an excellent relationship with our FM Group, so the transition was not too difficult.

Another interesting part of the change was that the stake division was approved two weeks before our regularly scheduled general authority stake conference, and the change was made at that conference two weeks later. The entire conference had been planned with the general authority, who was not aware that a division was pending. Everything was replanned when approval came.

In addition, an Area Seventy was also assigned to the conference so that the General Authority Seventy would have someone with him to help make the change, although he could have done it alone if no one had been available to assist him.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As a STS I've gotten a heads up about a new ward ahead of time so I could get a new computer prepped. Of course, it wasn't terribly functional until the new ward had been "turned on" at CHQ. <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Of course, it wasn't terribly functional until the new ward had been "turned on" at CHQ. <grin>
Neither is a computer for a new stake. [smile]

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”