Passing login credentials via url string

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
corwinslack

Passing login credentials via url string

Post by corwinslack »

Is it possible to pass login credentials to protected parts of LDS.org by passing the user name and password as parameters of the url?
eblood66

Re: Passing login credentials via url string

Post by eblood66 »

Not that has ever been revealed to us. I very much doubt they would do that because it would allow login credentials to be passed in plain text which could be easily intercepted as well as cached in unknown locations.
corwinslack

Post by corwinslack »

I suspected as much. Is there a way that one could specify a url that would bring up the login screen on its way so to speak to the page you want? I am trying to automate a process using iOS workflow. Supplying credentials is not a concern but I would like to scrape and parse a page as part of my workflow without having to do a copy paste etc.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I do not use iOS, but in windows:

Log in to a location on lds.org that requires credentials (such as Leader and Clerk Resources) and copy the URL
Paste that "logged-in" URL in another browser window
It will open to the sign-in screen and then take you directly to that page once you sign in.
corwinslack

Post by corwinslack »

Well and good but once there iOS Workflow (automation) doesn’t seem to be able to do anything with the data.

I would be happy if the HP organization data had the email extract too l that Directory has. I would use the Directory but when you ask for high priests you only get high priests not the other priesthood offices that are assigned to the group.

I. Would be thrilled to find a way to extract data in text format even if I had to do it manually.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”