Assigning Photos - taking forever or failing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Assigning Photos - taking forever or failing

Post by lajackson »

EbenVisher wrote:I hope some of this goes to the right person/people. Maybe I there's a place for posting suggestions, where I could put it?
The quickest way to send suggestions to the developers is through any of the Website Feedback links, or through any of the App Help links.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:The quickest way to send suggestions to the developers is through any of the Website Feedback links, or through any of the App Help links.
I would add that you should also be specific about your device, OS and browser and situations which cause problems when and if you submit feedback. On my Android phone using Chrome it works exactly like you want it to. By default it shows the mobile format but when I change the browser to 'Desktop Site' mode it switches to a zoomed out full size layout. All the widgets work the same in both modes as far as I can see. So there are probably quirks about how your device and browser are behaving that would have to be compensated for.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

EbenVisher wrote:Eblood66,

The issue of no user choice remains, however. Soon I'll upgrade to the iPhone X Plus, with a 6.2" screen instead of my "little" 5.8" one. Then maybe I'll discover that some programmer made the decision that "6.0" inches and less is stuck with Mobile, while > 6" gets "real". So suddenly the whole user experience changes just because I changed my phone.
One thing that I do sometimes (and it doesn't always work) is to turn my phone to landscape. That makes my screen wider and sometimes gets to a 'better' breakpoint.
ebenvisher

Post by ebenvisher »

Ryan,

Super idea, thanks.

—Eben Visher
mattsteen

Post by mattsteen »

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone else is having issues again. I've looked over responses in this thread. The photo I'm trying to upload is well on the small side, etc. I just can't get anything to upload. I try tools and lds.org. Nothing. Other people have approached me with issues. I could do it for them even though it didn't appear on my end that it had worked. Any suggestions, or does the church just need to update its photo uploading software?
ebenvisher

Post by ebenvisher »

Matt,

I do all my uploading now with LCR. (lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org)

1. Have you tried LCR?

2. In what format is the photo?

3. If you want to send me one that fails, I'd be glad to try uploading it.

4. What error or lack of error do you get?

5. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

--Eben Visher

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”