Directory shows youth by ordination, not class assignment

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Directory shows youth by ordination, not class assignment

Post by mevans »

I realized today that the directory shows young men by priesthood ordination, not by class assignment. LDS Tools and LCR show them by class assignment. I know the Directory tool hasn't been touched much in a long while, but I'm surprised it's not grouping people by class assignment.

I also found another youth who is an Aaronic priesthood holder who is 18 and I can't find that member showing up on any priesthood quorum lists in the Directory or in LDS Tools. The individual does show up according to class assignment in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory shows youth by ordination, not class assignment

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:I know the Directory tool hasn't been touched much in a long while, but I'm surprised it's not grouping people by class assignment.
I don't think the directory has been touched since class assignments were made available on-line. In the early days, class assignments was only in MLS and that information wasn't transmitted to CHQ. If true, then the directory is "guessing" at the assignments based on the information on the membership record.

The surprise is that updating it hasn't bubbled up to the top of the priority list yet, since the information isn't accurate and could lead to confusion. Particularly since it's the only tool quorum and auxiliary leaders have to send a message to their group.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”