discrepancy between callings in directory and L&CR Organiations

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
BarryHill

discrepancy between callings in directory and L&CR Organiations

Post by BarryHill »

I have been assigned as High Counselor over Temple & Family History in our stake. I notice if I go into Leader Clerk Resources -> Organizations -> Callings by Organizations -> I see several T&FH Consultants in the Williamsport Ward. I am a member of that ward and in fact, I also hold a ward calling as one of those consultants. However, if I go to Directory ->Ward Leaders -> Other, there are NO Temple & Family History Consultants listed for the Williamsport Ward.

This is not a privacy issue since my information and that of other consultants is marked "stake wide visibility". In most other wards the information I see in L&CR Organizations does correlate with the information in the Directory but not all.

It is critical that we resolve this because there are some Stake T&FH callings that cannot access L&CR and are dependent on the Directory. This is also restricting consultants in one ward from networking with consultants in another ward as we try to build a network of support.

Any idea what is going on and how to correct it?

Thanks
Barry
drepouille

Re: discrepancy between callings in directory and L&CR Organiations

Post by drepouille »

How many Temple and Family History Consultants do you see listed here?
https://www.familysearch.org/ask/help
I am a ward clerk. My ward has one consultant, and I see her listed in the Directory under Ward Leaders, Other Callings. She is also listed in LCR under Other Callings, Family History.
Most of my Custom Callings are listed in LCR under Other Callings, Additional Callings. They also appear in the Directory under Ward Leaders, Other Callings.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

drepouille
How many Temple and Family History Consultants do you see listed here?
I see nothing posted at that link except a link to Stake Family History Centers. I see no consultants. I am not sure what association that has to the Directory or L&CR issue.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Assuming you are logged in to FamilySearch.org, and your consultants have standard callings, they should appear on the Help page I listed.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Bizarrely, I now see all the Wiliamsport Ward T&FH Consultants in the Directory under "Other". I went into that area 10 times and they were not visible. I do notice that the ward clerk just added 2 names to that list. I am wondering if that area was not visible because he was updating it ????
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

drepouille,

They do appear when I clicked on "more", but as I mention in my last post they also now appear in the directory. Maybe it was just some prolonged hiccup because the Clerk was adding a name. That does not make a lot of sense but I don't know what else to attribute it to.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”