Exporting Member Lists to a CSV

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
myjoji

Exporting Member Lists to a CSV

Postby myjoji » Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 pm

My apologies if this is not the right forum to address this question...
Is there a way to export a directory list from the LDS.org web site, so that it can then be imported to a personal mail client (gmail, in this case)? If so, how is the export process executed?

Thanks in advance for any direction that can be given...

Tom Coe
Oak Harbor 2nd Ward
Oak Harbor, Washington

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Exporting Member Lists to a CSV

Postby russellhltn » Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 am

At one time, there was a feature in the directory, but it was restricted to only a few leaders. Most other export functions have been removed for security.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:14 am

As of right now it still exists in the Directory (lds.org/directory) but I always expect it to disappear at any time since every other export has been removed. I'm pretty sure it's only available to bishopric members, clerks and the executive secretary.

mevans

Postby mevans » Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 am

First of all, make sure your effort to capture these emails in an external email client application is consistent with church policy on membership data (I still struggle to find things in the Handbook that I know are there...maybe someone else will come along with a section reference).

If you're trying to email a Ward Organization group, you have the option to "Email all XXX". Click on it and you can get a comma- or semicolon-delimited list of email addresses. The bad thing is that you don't know who is associated with each email, which may defeat your purpose of getting them in an email program with associated names.

If you want to get the whole ward, you can print a ward directory to PDF. Just do 1 column and show email (and possibly individual details). Copy and paste the contents of the PDF into a text editor. You can clean it up from there to suit your purposes.

Return to “Directory”