Temple Workers posted on a stake directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
1968leocomeeatabite

Temple Workers posted on a stake directory

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I am a temple worker in the our Temple District. It had previously been announced that the stakes within our temple district would be entering a list of temple workers within our stake into the directory. This would be helpful for the temple workers to be able to find a sub when needed. Can someone address how this might work? Who would enter this data? Does someone know if this is church wide?
I assume that it would have to be a custom calling because I do not think a standard calling exists. Can someone confirm this?
I also assume that it would need to be listed under other callings because I do not think a category exists for temples? Can someone confirm this?

Temple workers at lest in our district have different assignments and are set apart as such. Like veil worker, ordnance worker, volunteer, host couple, baptistry, etc. Would they be able to be listed in these different assignments? What is this going to do to this whole process?

Thank you for any help in this area. Would this also be good to post in LCR?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Workers posted on a stake directory

Post by lajackson »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:It had previously been announced that the stakes within our temple district would be entering a list of temple workers within our stake into the directory.
This sounds as if it is a local stake initiative. I am not aware of anything Church-wide of this nature.

To answer your other questions:

Stake or ward clerks or assistants would enter the callings, and they would have to be custom callings under other callings.

The only variable is the name of the custom calling. If different assignments are to be identified, they would have to be entered as custom callings with different titles.

And there is no need to post again in the LCR Forum. The Code of Conduct does not allow for duplicate posts, and this appears to be the best location for the question.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

In August 2016, I asked a related question to my stake president see:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25522

My stake president showed me (on his tablet computer) a list of temple workers that he and bishops have access to. So there IS an internet accessible database of temple workers, but access appears to be restricted, and the callings don't appear to flow into the Callings/Classes tab on the member profile page in LCR.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Thank you for your replies.
mevans

Post by mevans »

If the purpose is to find substitutes, your stake may want to enter them as stake callings, rather than each ward entering them as ward callings. That way you have one place to look for them, instead of searching all the units. You'll have to sort through a long list of "Other Callings," but if they're given the same calling name, I think they'll all sort together. I don't understand the ordering we see when we look under "Other Callings," but I assume there must be some logic behind it. Clearly, it's not organized alphabetically.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”