Changing meeting house address on the Raymond 3rd Ward Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
leavittbd

Changing meeting house address on the Raymond 3rd Ward Directory

Post by leavittbd »

The current meeting house address for the Raymond 3rd Ward list is:
260 E 200 N (Knight St) Raymond AB T0K 2S0 Canada
I need to change the meeting house address for the Raymond 3rd Ward list to:
400 W 200 N (Taylor St) Raymond AB T0K 2S0 Canada
How do I do this?
eblood66

Re: Changing meeting house address on the Raymond 3rd Ward Directory

Post by eblood66 »

You need to talk to your FM group. Building addresses come from the FMAT database which is updated by the FM group.
leavittbd

Post by leavittbd »

Thanks for the info about the FM group and the FMAT database
but I don't know what FMAT stands for or if the FM group is a stake level group or a church wide group.
How do I contact my FM group.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

leavittbd wrote:but I don't know what FMAT stands for or if the FM group is a stake level group or a church wide group.
How do I contact my FM group.
The FM (Facilities Management) group is the group responsible for building, maintenance and repair of church buildings in a certain area. An FM group usually manages buildings for multiple stakes but there are many groups across the world, each responsible for a certain geographic area.

One of the high councilors in your stake should be assigned as the Physical Facilities Representative. It is his responsibility to interact with the FM group for your area and he should already know how to do that.

So you need to find out who is your Physical Facilities Representative and ask him to pass it on the the FM group. If no one in your bishopric knows who the PFR is, you could ask the high councilor assigned to your ward or the stake clerk.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

eblood66 wrote:So you need to find out who is your Physical Facilities Representative and ask him to pass it on the the FM group. If no one in your bishopric knows who the PFR is, you could ask the high councilor assigned to your ward or the stake clerk.
OR you could just file a ticket on the Facilities Issue Reporting tool and it will get to the facilities group quickly. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:
eblood66 wrote:So you need to find out who is your Physical Facilities Representative and ask him to pass it on the the FM group. If no one in your bishopric knows who the PFR is, you could ask the high councilor assigned to your ward or the stake clerk.
OR you could just file a ticket on the Facilities Issue Reporting tool and it will get to the facilities group quickly. :)
That's assuming the OP has access to that tool. As far as I know, it's not open to all members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:
That's assuming the OP has access to that tool. As far as I know, it's not open to all members.
True, but there are quite a few people in a ward that do have access and they're usually easier to chase down than "someone" from the stake.

Our FM group has really emphasized use of the tool. It makes task tracking so much easier for them (and us as well).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:Our FM group has really emphasized use of the tool.
I find that's a "group by group" thing. Not all of them seem to prefer that route.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jirp

Post by jirp »

Once they have done it you may still have to change the address in MLS and CDOL to get it correct everywhere. Certain changes do not propagate through the data bases. I would check with FM. Once they are done check maps and check CDOL to see if the corrections made it through the system.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When you're looking at your ward map, there's a small "Suggest an Edit" link under the ward information. I'm not sure where those suggested edits go, but that could be another thing to try.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”