Viewing Home Teachers as well as Families taught

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Joelongson

Viewing Home Teachers as well as Families taught

Postby Joelongson » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Would it be possible for any members to see both the families they are assigned to home teach, as well as being able to see who has been assigned as their Home Teachers. Often you don't remember the names of your home teachers, and it would be great if the directory could provide that information.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Viewing Home Teachers as well as Families taught

Postby russellhltn » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 am

Only if the Priesthood Department decides to do so.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mevans

Postby mevans » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Based on some conversations that we saw when Home and Visiting Teaching were added to Leader and Clerk Resources, I don't expect that members will be able to see this information anytime soon, if ever. I believe there was a comment from someone at the church about "Return and Report." My take on it is that they want you to interact with your leaders, not a computer (even though for me, it's all usually email with my leaders, both to get my list and report the results; occasionally they hand out printed paper slips in priesthood).

I agree it would be nice-to-have information, but at least for the time being, the church leadership has a different plan.

cboling

Postby cboling » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:17 am

I think a "My HT Families" / "My VT Sisters" filter link in the sidebar (like the convenient-but-not-necessary "My Household" link) would help to keep those we're responsible for close to our minds and encourage communication with them.

Return to “Directory”