Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Discussions about the Directory Tool on Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.

Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Postby Camilla4 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:59 pm

I just got called as a Primary president. I'm trying to find how to email the parents of all primary-age children in my ward without having to go through my entire ward one by one. Is there a way I can do that on Or is there a way I can create a Google emailing group so I can email with my gmail account?

Re: Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Postby mevans » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:54 pm

I think this is a vital element missing from the tools and directory features. My wife used to be Primary president and I really wish "email parents of primary children" was an option, but it's not. You can use other non-church tools to accomplish this, but then you're putting some element of church records in a different system, which might violate church policies. You could send an email from a personal account, but some systems may think you're sending spam and block your email if you mail lots of people in a single email.

Re: Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Postby zaneclark » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:24 pm

If you have a smart phone or tablet, you can download the LDS Tools app and then use the List feature to easily and quickly create a list of Primary parents. You can then send an email to the list. It is very easy to add or delete names from the list as children come into or leave Primary. I use this feature for several things, including a list of the families I home teach.

Return to “Directory”