Can't assign new photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
davecsmith

Re: Can't assign new photos

Post by davecsmith »

Only occasionally are we able to upload a photo for the directory. We get an error message telling us to try again later. This applies for our own family members and the members of the ward. Today we loaded a photo for one member of a family but it would not accept any other.
mevans

Post by mevans »

davecsmith wrote:Only occasionally are we able to upload a photo for the directory. We get an error message telling us to try again later. This applies for our own family members and the members of the ward. Today we loaded a photo for one member of a family but it would not accept any other.
I haven't had a chance to try if after the update, but if you're having a problem, jeffevannelson asked in a previous message that you send him a private message about the problem so he can look into it. If you just post here, he might not see it.
jeffevannelson wrote:We just released a new version of Directory.
Individual photos should work properly now. Also Assigning should work. If it does not, message and I will try to take a look at the problem.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

If your unable to assign photos please send me your ward stake information and who you are in a private message to me. I will try to look into whats going on most people should be fixed.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

jeffevannelson wrote:If your unable to assign photos please send me your ward stake information and who you are in a private message to me. I will try to look into whats going on most people should be fixed.
Hi Jeff. I sent you a private message last week Sunday regarding this matter. I haven't received a response from you and I still can't assign photos so I was wondering if you saw my PM. If you need me to send you another PM with the necessary info, please let me know. Thanks
mevans

Post by mevans »

I had new photos to upload today and the problems are worse than they were before. Now I'm having problems uploading, too. Some of the photos generate this message:

Make sure photos are either a jpg, png, tiff, or gif, and are not over 15 megabytes in size.

The photos are well under 15 MB and are jpeg.

Then, for the photos that uploaded, I am unable to assign them; it's the exact same problem I experienced previously.

I'll send jeffevannelson a PM with more details; I also wanted to report back on this thread, too.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:The photos are well under 15 MB and are jpeg.
Just a thought. Is it possible the web site is not seeing jpeg as jpg? Have you tried renaming the file extensions?
mevans

Post by mevans »

lajackson wrote:
mevans wrote:The photos are well under 15 MB and are jpeg.
Just a thought. Is it possible the web site is not seeing jpeg as jpg? Have you tried renaming the file extensions?
I haven't tried that, but the issue is that some files upload and others don't. They all have the same extension. Looking at the developer console in Chrome, I see a 503 error (service unavailable). I haven't tried to dig into the JavaScript code, but I suspect that if there is any error calling the web service for a photo upload that the code running in the browser puts up the same error message.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

jeffevannelson wrote:If your unable to assign photos please send me your ward stake information and who you are in a private message to me. I will try to look into whats going on most people should be fixed.
Hmm... I sent a pm too a while ago and haven't heard a response. Is there another way to contact Jeffevannelson directly? I'm wondering if he is like most developers for the church and rarely log into the tech forum to check PMs.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I don't know. jeffevannelson does tend to be on the tech forums with some frequency, but I just looked at his user profile and his last activity was August 15. Maybe he's on vacation? I've not received any answers from my PM either. I also responded to the Feedback email thread I have going and haven't received any response from it, either.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I just responded back to the LDS feedback message again to see if I can get any response.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”