Two Stakes, 3 wards, 1 Building

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two Stakes, 3 wards, 1 Building

Post by russellhltn »

dotson98 wrote:I like the suggestion, but I still have to coordinate with the other stakes.
If they're using the calendar properly, then they're scheduling the facility in the calendar. The system won't let your units book the same building/room/time combination. No coordination needed for routine stuff, just on setting up the rules and dealing with conflicts.

And if they want to self-service by scheduling in the calendar directly, they can. Just make sure to add the church facility to the event.

dotson98 wrote:I'm still curious on the question of out-of-unit members.
You'll have to ask the other stake to try. But I don't understand what that gains you over scheduling things in your own calendar. In some ways, the building scheduler is actually more limited than normal calendar editors.

Yes, a building scheduler can set restrictions (which appear to be going away), yes a building scheduler can block off use of the building (but then so does scheduling an event that uses the facility). Yes, a building scheduler can modify any existing events to make accommodations. But what they can't do is place an event on your calendar. Only your unit can place an event on that unit's calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dotson98

Post by dotson98 »

I guess what I didn't make clear is that the conflict resolution comes from the building scheduler - not the LDS Calendar. I have no idea what system they are using - I can only hope that they are using the LDS Calendar, but I just don't know. While that remains unknown, I will have to involve the building scheduler for the stake. If we could get all three stakes to agree to use this single system, it would be a huge win. I just don't know if there is the political will to go there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dotson98 wrote:If we could get all three stakes to agree to use this single system, it would be a huge win. I just don't know if there is the political will to go there.
I think the alternatives are more hassle for everyone involved. "Distributed scheduling" can seem scary, but typically only leaders have access. One would hope that leaders know how to follow rules and play nicely.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”