View Member Profile

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
drepouille

View Member Profile

Post by drepouille »

We recently moved into a new ward, so I am once again an unprivileged member with no callings. I have noticed recently that if I go to Directory --> Ward Leaders --> select an organization --> click on the name of a leader, there is an intermittent problem. For some specific leaders, I am thrown back to the Households view of the directory. The leaders pop-up summary is briefly displayed, but then immediately replaced with the first page of the Households view.

For those leaders for which that does not happen, there is no longer a View Member Profile button, which is probably due to the fact that I am an unprivileged member. I am an Audit Committee Member, but I have no ward callings. My access to LCR is minimal, and does not allow access to membership data.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: View Member Profile

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to clear your cache and cookies. I don't see any "view profile" buttons. All I see is a link that triggers a pop-up about the individual (that I can't close).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:(that I can't close).
That's a programming problem (bug). The top portion of the popup is in the header for the main page and the header has priority. The workaround is to move the popup down so the "X" is no longer in the main page header area.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:You might want to clear your cache and cookies. I don't see any "view profile" buttons. All I see is a link that triggers a pop-up about the individual (that I can't close).
Ah yes. I forgot that View Member Profile only appears when you click a member's name in LCR.

My question remains. When I click the name of some leaders in the directory, I am thrown into the Households view of the directory. When I click other leaders names, the summary pop-up appears for that individual. If I logout, and someone else logs in using the same browser on the same computer, they do not see the same issue occur.
drepouille

Leader Directory vs. Visibility Settings

Post by drepouille »

I figured it out! The "Ward Visibility" and "Leadership Only" visibility settings cause this behavior. If a non-privileged member such as myself clicks on a leader's name in the leadership directory, and that leader has his address, telephone number, or e-mail address set to anything other than "Stake Visibility", then the member is immediately thrown into the Household list of his home unit directory. This appears to be a "feature" that protects the private information for which that leader has requested limited visibility. It seems like a strange way to enforce visibility settings.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”