Can't update directory information on lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jelt

Can't update directory information on lds.org

Post by jelt »

I'm a stake clerk and occasionally have the need to update directory information (phone numbers, e-mails, privacy levels) for members of my stake. In the past, I've had the capability to make changes on the lds.org directory. Recently, when I've tried to make a change, it will not save. The edit button is still there and I can enter the changes, but when I click save it does not store the updated information. There is another post from about a year ago with this same issue, but that was thought to be due to a move restriction. That is not the case with the records I've tried to udpate.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Skylobo

Re: Can't update directory information on lds.org

Post by Skylobo »

I am not a stake clerk, however am unable to update our household information...two questions:

1. Are we able to update our own information? Our mailing and residential addresses are both incorrect.

2. Our mailing address shows only a nearby town within our ward boundaries, but no other address.
Our residential address indicates an old address we moved from nearly three years ago and which is over 80 miles away. Shouldn't the residential address be linked to the ward boundary?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't update directory information on lds.org

Post by russellhltn »

Skylobo wrote:Are we able to update our own information? Our mailing and residential addresses are both incorrect.
You are able to update phone numbers and email address. But physical and mailing addresses will have to be done though a ward clerk/ward membership clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”