Allow missionaries to view member location on maps of the area/stake they serve in

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
McKayha

Allow missionaries to view member location on maps of the area/stake they serve in

Post by McKayha »

Hi there!

My name is Elder Chen, and I'm currently serving as a missionary in Canada.

In LDS.org->Tools and Support->Map and Meeting House locator.
We are able to view the member locations of our home ward/stake. Which is really neat. But as far as I can tell, we can't do the same with the Members in our ward/stake of the area we are serving in. We can view their address individually through lds.org directory or lds tools (which only a few missionaries in our mission have access to), but not as a nice labeled map that has them all collectively labeled.

Would that be something maybe that could be enabled for us? That would really help out a lot.

Thank you ! and sorry If this isn't the right place to post.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Allow missionaries to view member location on maps of the area/stake they serve in

Post by russellhltn »

Projects and features are set by the leaders - in this case, the Priesthood Department. It's not up to the developers to make that call.

Your best bet is to ask the Mission President to request the feature though his channels. It would carry more weight than the usual feedback link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
McKayha

Re: Allow missionaries to view member location on maps of the area/stake they serve in

Post by McKayha »

ah, ok. Thank you :)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”