Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bonds

Post by bonds »

I do not want my age posted. How do I keep that information private?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Age

Post by lajackson »

Other members will not be able to see your age unless they are ward or stake leaders. You are able to see it because it is your information, but others in the general membership of your ward and stake will not see age information displayed, except for their own.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:You are able to see it because it is your information,
I'm not sure where bonds is looking, but I don't see my age in the Directory or LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:You are able to see it because it is your information,
I'm not sure where bonds is looking, but I don't see my age in the Directory or LDS Tools.
Then maybe he is looking with an account that has leadership privileges. Still, except for leaders and clerks, his age will not be available to other members.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Still, except for leaders and clerks, his age will not be available to other members.
Agreed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Bear in mind that with LCR, access to age information is much easier for the ward council. Instead of getting a "confidential" report from the ward clerk, they can pull it up on the web site. One thing I do not like about the membership list on LCR is that "show age" is selected by default. Since I was thinking about this, I just submitted feedback that the default should be to not show age; it's not data that I usually need and it's too easy for others to see it.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”