Photos in 3 places in Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
WWS36

Re: Photos in 3 places in Directory

Post by WWS36 »

What exactly should appear in the Household/couple photo? We have members that insist on showing the whole family including the dog/cat! This makes the photo extremely distant and further more there are people in there un-identified??? I insist on full face couples only, but am getting some push back.
What is the official policy? :?:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Photos in 3 places in Directory

Post by aebrown »

WWS36 wrote:What exactly should appear in the Household/couple photo? We have members that insist on showing the whole family including the dog/cat! This makes the photo extremely distant and further more there are people in there un-identified??? I insist on full face couples only, but am getting some push back.
What is the official policy? :?:
There's no official policy on this particular question (except, of course, the Photo Upload Agreement that is presented to members before they upload a photo). Relevant to your question, it only says "The photo accurately depicts you and/or your family." So I don't know that you have much of an argument that would allow you to insist that the household photo is "full-face couples only", although you are welcome to make recommendations. It's great to have optimal photos that are nicely cropped, etc., but personally I'm grateful to have any photo and appreciate it when members are willing to provide one.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”