Copy a Photo

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Copy a Photo

Post by russellhltn »

According to scgallafent's message, uploading to just the individual would seem to be sufficient for single households with the existing code.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Another plug for mainly using the individual photo field – the household photo doesn't always transfer with the record, but the individual photo does.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:the household photo doesn't always transfer with the record, but the individual photo does.
I didn't realize that the household photo doesn't always transfer. That may explain some strange things I see when I move in records for people. Thanks for the tip. It sometimes appears there is a photo for records that I move in, but it never appears. Maybe that's what's going on.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:I didn't realize that the household photo doesn't always transfer. That may explain some strange things I see when I move in records for people. Thanks for the tip. It sometimes appears there is a photo for records that I move in, but it never appears. Maybe that's what's going on.
Unless you're moving the entire household intact, I can understand why the household photo may not transfer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
mevans wrote:I didn't realize that the household photo doesn't always transfer. That may explain some strange things I see when I move in records for people. Thanks for the tip. It sometimes appears there is a photo for records that I move in, but it never appears. Maybe that's what's going on.
Unless you're moving the entire household intact, I can understand why the household photo may not transfer.
I have moved in an entire household and it appears to have come with a household photo, but the household photo never renders. Instead I get some kind of placeholder text. I haven't seen it recently, probably because so few records come with photos. At least most of our move outs have photos :)
tholenc

Post by tholenc »

I've tried for 3 days to upload a photo to our Household. It says it "Failed and to try again later" I've followed the directions on line and still can't get it to work.
Any suggestions?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mevans wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
I have moved in an entire household and it appears to have come with a household photo, but the household photo never renders. Instead I get some kind of placeholder text. I haven't seen it recently, probably because so few records come with photos. At least most of our move outs have photos :)
As a data point, we received a new family late last month. We did not request their records - they were sent in by their prior unit. The household photo of the family and the individual photo of the husband came in correctly. There is not a photo for the nonmember spouse, which is to be expected.
mevans

Post by mevans »

tholenc wrote:I've tried for 3 days to upload a photo to our Household. It says it "Failed and to try again later" I've followed the directions on line and still can't get it to work.
Any suggestions?
How are you trying to upload the photo? Through the Ward Directory and Map on the website, or through the Tools mobile app? If you haven't tried both options, you could try them. Sometimes it works one way and not the other.

By the sound of your comment, you are not a bishopric member or clerk, correct? If the above option doesn't work, you could check with a clerk or assistant clerk to see if they can upload your photo through LCR. If none of those options work, you and/or the clerk might need to contact the global service center. Please post back to let us know if/how you are successful.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What kind of file are you uploading? I can't find any limits, but if it's too big or odd format, the system may not be able to digest it. I'd upload a jpeg, and keep in mind that it will be downsized to 500px wide by 375px tall, so you may want to keep it on the smallish size.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”