Broadcast emails??

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Broadcast emails??

Post by jdlessley »

Squirrel6s wrote:In the iOS mobile app, I can create a list that has specific sisters on it for emailing and it saves that list in my device. There are a few sisters who don't want messages. But, I CANNOT do this when using a desktop computer. Is that correct?
The rest of this thread has posts such as this one that describe those capabilities for a desktop or any device using web browsers. And there is this post that mentions LCR mail list capabilities. I have no problem creating a mailing list from the provided mailing groups. I can use the Directory to create a mailing list for all the sisters (all those with a Stake or ward visibility setting) in Relief Society. Or if I need a leadership group mailing list I can use LCR to create that list. The mailing list can be saved in your e-mail client. The only problem when creating these lists in your e-mail client is that list is static and will need updating as your unit membership changes. That limitation is overcome by creating the mail list when messages are sent.

[
Squirrel6s wrote:It's frustrating that the mobile app seems to have some functionality that the regular website does not. I don't really want to do emails from the ipad.
Can you be more specific as to what you want to do on a desktop that you think you can't do on a desktop but can on your mobile device? I know there are some differences in capability but until you tell us what you would like to do then we cannot really provide any help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”