can't upload a picture in internet explorer

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sasgrw

can't upload a picture in internet explorer

Postby sasgrw » Mon May 04, 2015 8:32 am

In Firefox, I get the warning about photo upload not supported in FF but I get the same error when I try it in Internet Explorer. Bug?

In Chrome, it doesn't work because I don't have a flash player installed for that browser. I *do* have a flash player installed in IE.
Attachments
ie.jpg
(218.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: can't upload a picture in internet explorer

Postby russellhltn » Mon May 04, 2015 10:08 am

sasgrw wrote:In Chrome, it doesn't work because I don't have a flash player installed for that browser.

Flash in built-in to Chrome, although you might have turned it off or set it to require an extra click to run it.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sasgrw

Re: can't upload a picture in internet explorer

Postby sasgrw » Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 am

Yes, semantically you are correct. For Chrome I should have said "not enabled" instead of "not installed". But I don't want to go off on a tangent from my main question. Photo upload is not working in IE.

I suppose there's a chance the two are related. Since I don't have flash installed in IE, perhaps that's triggering the error message about not being able to upload. That might be a stretch, though, because the error I get in Chrome says is specific to flash. If it's not installed in IE, I expected the same error.
Attachments
no flash.jpg
no flash.jpg (31.4 KiB) Viewed 333 times

Return to “Directory”