LDS Tools=Perfect image quality VS. LDS.org=Poor quality??

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
pdpete

LDS Tools=Perfect image quality VS. LDS.org=Poor quality??

Post by pdpete »

As our Web Administrator I have been asked to upload photos of sister's in our ward's Relief Society (who gave written consent) for a RS directory. Why is that when I upload my own photo in LDS tools on my iphone the image is crystal clear yet when I upload the exact same image on my computer in the lds.org directory it is very pixilated. I tried this with several individuals in our family and the same thing occurred- clear on iphone in LDS tools but pixilated in LDS.org's directory. The same has occurred for sisters who have uploaded photos themselves for our RS directory. Perfect photos in LDS tools via iphones but pixilated via lds.org's directory. This is an issue because as the Web administrator I can only upload photos for myself in LDS Tools so I am stuck using lds.org's directory for the sisters in our ward. This seems to mean I can only get poor quality photos for our RS's directory. We intend to print off the directory for many of our older sister who do not access the online directory and who need a good quality photo so they can see the individuals without trouble. Is there another way I can get photos without poor pixilation?
mevans

Re: LDS Tools=Perfect image quality VS. LDS.org=Poor quality

Post by mevans »

Some others have reported problems with pixelated photos. This is not a problem I have experienced, and I've been uploading a lot of photos.

I'm wondering: are you uploading all the photos from LDS Tools, or are you uploading them from https://lds.org/directory? If you're uploading from LDS Tools, can you try an upload from the web site instead to see if it works better? Maybe the problem is in LDS Tools?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”