New drab colors on the directory?

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mevans

New drab colors on the directory?

Postby mevans » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:02 am

It seems there is a new color scheme on the directory (some people may call it skin or CSS). It's rather dreary and gray. Is this intentional? I'm not particularly fond of it.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: New drab colors on the directory?

Postby aebrown » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 am

mevans wrote:It seems there is a new color scheme on the directory (some people may call it skin or CSS). It's rather dreary and gray. Is this intentional? I'm not particularly fond of it.

"Dreary" is in the eye of the beholder -- I like the new look just fine. I would certainly assume that it's an intentional change. Perhaps it's part of the much larger effort to overhaul the look of LDS.org described here.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 am

I don't mind the colors so much, but what I don't like is the lack of margins on the left, right and bottom. There is a bottom margin, but I have to scroll to see it.

EDIT: Using a web inspector, simply changing the CSS for the element "#platform-canvas" to "width: 90%;" instead of "width: 100%;" is much better.
Last edited by sbradshaw on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:56 am

I agree that the borders, or lack of them, is a bit disconcerting and gives the impression of a less than professional design.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 am

It seems that all the yellow went away. No more sunshine.

Return to “Directory”