Accessing Ward directories other than where your membership

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
prestonwarrenlloyd

Accessing Ward directories other than where your membership

Postby prestonwarrenlloyd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:27 pm

I am a Salt Lake City inner city missionary. I would like to access my assigned inner city ward's directory but my membership is assigned to my home Ward. I am using an iPad and when I try to get the Ward directory, I only get the first several households listed on the website and cannot scroll down the list to other households.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Accessing Ward directories other than where your members

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:00 pm

The mission office needs to assign you to a unit in their system.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Re: Accessing Ward directories other than where your members

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:43 pm

If you are a church service missionary without a mission office/president (I'm not exactly sure how the Inner City Mission works), you can have the clerk in the ward where you serve add you as an out-of-unit member in MLS and assign you a standard calling. Doing this will allow you to access the LDS.org tools for both wards.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Directory”