Not all pictures print in organizion photo directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
misspam

Not all pictures print in organizion photo directory

Post by misspam »

Trying to print a photo directory of just the Relief Society organization. When viewing it on the computer there are a lot of sisters with individual pictures. However, when I click the print button and create a pdf, only about 8 of the pictures printed. Strangely enough, one that didn't print is my own picture. I know it is there (and has been for over 2 years) and shows on the website. All the privacy options are set to Stake. Why would so many not print? - Sorry, I am a brand new RS Pres and would really like to see the sisters faces to get to know them :)

When I printed the ward directory, the family pictures seem to all be included and printed fine (including mine).....?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not all pictures print in organizion photo directory

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if it's a glitch due to some people having their privacy for the Individual Photo set to "Ward". There's a number of places where having privacy set to "Ward" doesn't work properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
misspam

Post by misspam »

My picture is set to stake level visibility, but doesn't print in the organization directory.

Another puzzle is that when viewing the ward directory online, not many pictures appear, but when printing the ward directory, tons of pictures are there. the opposite of the situation with the organization directory.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I have experienced some problems recently with pictures that are there not appearing when viewing the directory. I think that's working better now, but I wonder if that same problem might be affecting the printed directory, too.

From my previous experience, the problem was intermittent. Therefore, if you print the directory and each time get some different photos, it might be the same problem. If it's consistent in which ones don't print, then it's probably a different issue.

Actually, at the time of the previous posts, I was still experiencing problems. If you try printing the directory now, do you still have problems?
snowtire

Post by snowtire »

This is a total noob question: How do I print a picture directory of an organization or set of people in my ward? I can't find a way to do it in lds.org. Is it only done from MLS?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

snowtire wrote:This is a total noob question: How do I print a picture directory of an organization or set of people in my ward? I can't find a way to do it in lds.org. Is it only done from MLS?
You can't do this at all from MLS, since there are no photos in MLS -- photos are only available on LDS.org. Note also that you can't print a directory of an arbitrary set of people in your ward, but you can print a directory with photos for an organization. Here's how:
  1. Go to the Directory on LDS.org.
  2. Choose "Ward Organizations" from the list of options on the left.
  3. From the list of organizations in the middle column, choose the organization you're interested in (for example, Relief Society).
  4. Click the Print button near the upper right corner.
  5. Choose whatever options you want to include. It sounds like you want to check the box for "Include individual photo" but you may want to check or uncheck other boxes.
  6. Click "Open PDF" or "Save PDF"
snowtire

Post by snowtire »

thanks! I was trying to do it from within Leader and Clerk Resources / Membership or / Organizations. The print functionality under those tabs does not have photos as an option.
snowtire

Post by snowtire »

aebrown wrote:
snowtire wrote: [*]Choose "Ward Organizations" from the list of options on the left.
We would like to print photos of primary children for the classes board in the Bishop's office (I'm the Bishop). I don't see Primary as an organization to print. Is that for privacy reasons? Is there a way to print the whole primary directory? Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

snowtire wrote:We would like to print photos of primary children for the classes board in the Bishop's office (I'm the Bishop). I don't see Primary as an organization to print. Is that for privacy reasons? Is there a way to print the whole primary directory? Thanks
This question has been discussed multiple times on the forum (most recently in Primary not on directory). Some people speculate that it is because of privacy reasons, which seems plausible, but the fact is that we have never heard an official explanation.

You can print Primary lists from LCR, but it doesn't include photos. So I don't see any straightforward way to print a Primary directory including photos at this point.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”