Address change

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
xandmc

Address change

Post by xandmc »

Why can't I edit my own address. I have been trying to get it changed for over a year, and nothing seems to happen. This is really annoying because everyone continues to use the address posted on your site and go to the wrong place when trying to visit me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Address change

Post by russellhltn »

You need to work with your membership clerk.

I can only guess why members aren't allowed to edit their own address - a change in address may result in a change in wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:You need to work with your membership clerk.
I agree it's surprising that it's taken you over a year and you haven't gotten it changed. You didn't say what you've done to make the change, but it's possible that you've given your information to the wrong person who has never passed it on. russellhltn is correct that you should work with your membership clerk. If you don't have a membership clerk, you can also work with the clerk to do this.

If any of the clerks have problems getting the change made, send them to this forum and people here will help them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One thing to be aware of: The address most people see is your physical address - the address used to come visit you. There is a separate place to record a mailing address - but most people can't see it. So if you're trying to get your physical address updated to a mailing address (such as a PO Box), that's the likely source of the problem - you won't be able to see that they have recorded it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”