Pixelated pics in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
chriswoodut

Re: Pixelated pics in directory

Post by chriswoodut »

richardalanwhite wrote:I upload pictures for a YSA ward. I have also had problems with severe pixilation in the last few months. This started approximately 3 months ago. Older pictures uploaded prior to this problem still appear fine. I upload images in the original format and assume the website is reducing the size of the pictures during the upload process.
I had this same question and after discussion here on the forum, it was determined that the website is using about a 50% quality level for the JPG when it processes it. I have the same "ugh" feeling when I see the quality. I've wondered if files uploaded via LDS Tools app go through the same compression but haven't tested it.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like the devs are aware of this or interested enough to increase the quality level. It is common for websites to compress the image after upload -- facebook does it -- but people do have an expectation that it still looks decent afterwards. Right now, the quality setting they are using isn't really good.
sklenk

Re: Pixelated pics in directory

Post by sklenk »

I've had the same problem. I am trying to upload pictures for the ward and they are high resolution photos that end up looking pixelated. Interestingly, they almost look better when I click on a picture and it opens up the larger version. Of the pictures already on the directory, some look OK and others look very pixelated. Weird...

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”