Moving records

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ProvspecEJ

Moving records

Post by ProvspecEJ »

What is the actual procedure for moving records? I've just moved and local leadership and I have decided that there's a reason for me to stay in my old Ward, at least temporarily. Someone has already transferred my records to the new Ward without consulting me. My "new Ward" probably made the request , but wouldn't someone in my "old" Ward have to approve? This was not triggered by an address change since I have not made one; my mail is continuing to go to my old address that is a relatives house. My Name and Calling have been removed from my Ward directory and I'm showing up in the Ward of my new address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Moving records

Post by russellhltn »

ProvspecEJ wrote:What is the actual procedure for moving records?
Either a clerk in the old ward send a record, or a clerk in the new ward requests it.

ProvspecEJ wrote:I've just moved and local leadership and I have decided that there's a reason for me to stay in my old Ward, at least temporarily.
Then that's something they need to work out with your old ward and send the records back. I highly recommend that they talk to the leadership of the old ward so they are in agreement and not caught by surprise when the record comes back.

ProvspecEJ wrote:Someone has already transferred my records to the new Ward without consulting me. My "new Ward" probably made the request , but wouldn't someone in my "old" Ward have to approve?
No.

ProvspecEJ wrote:My Name and Calling have been removed from my Ward directory and I'm showing up in the Ward of my new address.
That's normal when a record is moved between wards. Once your record is back in the old ward, your old ward will have to re-add your calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”